Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew: Crazy About You

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This week we are creating with the versatile sentiment set, Crazy About You, which has a coordinating words thinlit die set, Hello You.  Purchase both as a bundle and save 15%!  You are probably arriving from Deb Currier's blog.  She has such great style!

I'm playing the double-duty game again, a card for today's hop and also this week's Friday Mashup.  Tara's challenge on the Mashup is combining pink, gray, & sky colors with a square card.

I did a watercolor wash in Marina Mist and also attempted to stamp the leaves in Basic Gray after spritzing the stamp.  We have new archival ink coming out soon, so to tide me over, I used the Basic Gray classic ink.  Learning moment when I found out the gray classic ink doesn't spread well since it's, ba-bum-dum, waterproof ink.  Doh!  Anywho, it is fun to layer up these nice embellishments.  I was inspired by Bree's shoebox card to throw down some fancy!  :)

Here's your Mashup Challenge this week:

  • Create a project using the colors "Pink, Grey & Sky".
  • Create a "Square shaped card".
  • or Mash it Up and created  a "Square shaped card using the above colors".
Stamps: Crazy About You; Paper: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper; Ink: Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Basic Gray, Versamark; Accessories: Silver sequin trim, Silver metallic thread, Itty Bitty Accents epoxy stickers, White embossing powder, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Watercolor brush, Hello You thinlits, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

This second card is a version of something I am contemplating for stamp club, although we may sponge instead of watercolor.  Waiting for the watercoloring to dry naturally takes more patience than I possess.

This layout was inspired by artisan team member Teneale Williams.  Don't the bright warm colors just make you happy?

Stamps: Crazy About You, Kinda Eclectic, Watercolor Wings; Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Color Me Irresistible DSP, Watercolor paper, Silver Glimmer paper; Ink: Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon, Pumpkin Pie, Watermelon Wonder, Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Accessories: Silver metallic thread, Clear embossing powder, Watercolor brush, Mini Stapler, Banner punch, Hello You thinlits, Big Shot.

Be sure you check out the next stop to see what Jessica Williams put together with this set. Her projects are always amazing!

 

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What great cards, Holly! I love the first one, it's so soft and lovely…kind of dreamy. The second one is vibrant and fun!! I love how you used the sunburst in the background.

Yapha Mason said...

So pretty, Heidi! I love your layering of colors and images on both cards.

Rochelle Blok said...

I LOVE both of these cards! Just beautiful!

Betty said...

What a fun contrast between the two cards- from soft and delicate to bright and dynamic!

Anonymous said...

OK Wow, you had me at the first card and then boom! An explosion of colour. I LOVE that second card. I just may have to CASE your CASE! Amazing!

Carol Carriveau said...

Both cards are fabulous and beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful watercolor look to these cards. I think the first one is my favorite.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the watercolour Heidi, it's such a lovely soft background for the first card and takes centre stage on your second...Love them both!

laurie said...

Love both of your cards! The square one is SO pretty!

Mike said...

Heidi, both of theses creations are awesome. I LOVE the watercolor background! Can you share that technique with me? It's amazing! Mike@stampin-style.com

Anonymous said...

Both of these area gorgeous. I love the colors on the first one I wouldn't have thought of that. Your second card is just as gorgeous!