Friday, August 7, 2015

FM218 Celebrate County Fairs!

Today for the Friday Mashup, Lisa has a tricky one for us, or for me at least, punch art (or punches) inspired by the state (or county) fair.

I started with some banner punches, which always says party and fun, and I couldn't resist using a ferris wheel, Missy and my favorite!  I used some patterned paper, lighted up with some gesso, to create a backdrop.  From there, a little popcorn punch art.

The sad part is Missy and I missed this year's county fair because she was too booked with all her summer camps.  :(

So I'm trying the new archival Basic Black ink for the first time, available in the upcoming Holiday catalog on September 1.  It is so nice and dark and crisp.  I love it!!

Here's your Mashup Challenge this week:

  • Create a project "inspired by the State Fair".
  • Create a project using "Punches".
  • or Mash it Up and create a project "inspired by the Fair using your punches".
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental; Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP, Big Top Birthday DSP, Sprinkles & Sunshine DSP; Ink: So Saffron, Lucky Limeade, Archival Basic Black; Accessories: Petite Pennants punch, Cupcake builder punch, Sponges, Gesso, Adorning Accents edgelits, Fry Box die, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Heidi, OMG, this turned out so cute. I just love how you created the popcorn bag. Awesome design team challenge card!

Kim P said...

This is so stinkin' CUTE! I love what how you made the popcorn. I pinned this...sure to be CASED before summer is over!