Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Stamp Review Crew: Mixed Bunch

Welcome to another Stamp Crew Review Blog Hop!  We share our take on a selected stamp set every first and third Monday.  This time we are hopping along with the fun flower set, Mixed Bunch, which also has a matching punch.  If you are hopping around in a circle, you have just come from Adriana Benitez's blog.  She creates such beautiful, clean projects!

I have to admit I haven't used this set as much as I should, so this is a good opportunity to pull it out again.  I was thinking Christmas, poinsettia with this one, so imagine if you will a Christmas sentiment on it.

I was just giving a flower a try.  I added a few details, such as score lines, leaves, Crystal Effects, and voila, a card is born.

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Four You; Paper: Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Hello Honey, Whisper White, Trim the Tree DSP; Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Hello Honey; Accessories: White baker's twine, Crystal Effects, Blossom punch, Stylus, Stylish Stripes EF, Flower Frenzy die, Big Shot, Dimensionals.

I've had snowflakes on the brain for this set, but I always like to check out some Splitcoaststampers challenges to see if I can somehow work one of them in.  I came across the Ways to Use It Challenge #495, Autumn Leaves.  This one spoke to me.  Our early season Thanksgiving snow has melted, and I got another chance to go on a frosty, leafy mountain bike ride in the woods.  The temperature was in the 30's, but felt like 20's, and my water bottle was quite slushy.  I stopped to take pictures of the frost heaves on the ground.

Cool, eh?  From this came my frosty leaves card.

I sponged and stamped through the Autumn Accents die-cut, using PPA sketch #229.

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Walk in the Park II (MDS); Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, All is Calm DSP, Silver Glimmer; Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo; Accessories: In Color sequins, Frosted Sequins, Sponge, Autumn Accents die, Big Shot, e-cutter, Dimensionals.

I didn't feel I was done with this line of thought, so I tried another card.

I'm sorry; one retired item, shimmer paint, snuck in there.  Still, I could resist sharing the card.  Feels like a Frozen card.

Stamps: Mixed Bunch, A Dozen Thoughts; Paper: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White; Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Night of Navy, Island Indigo marker; Accessories: White baker's twine, All is Calm washi tape, White Frost Shimmer Paint, Stylus, Aquapainter, Sponges, Autumn Accents die, Big Shot.

Now make sure you check out the next stop to see what projects Kerry Willard Bray has put together with Mixed Bunch

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Heidi! Those absolutely incredible leaves are my favorite thing...they are amazing!

Beth Beard said...

Very pretty set! The flower on the first is lovely and those leave are awesome!

Yapha Mason said...

These are all spectacular, Heidi! Sponging through the leaves absolutely blew me away! Wow!!!

Rochelle Blok said...

Great cards Heidi! Love the scoring and folding of the flower in the first card.Love that it has give the flower so much dimension. Love the other 2 cards also. Your sponged autumn leaves look stunning!

Unknown said...

Great cards. The blues in the second two cards are just beautiful together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love them and think very cool! lol

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects, Heidi. Thanks for sharing the inspiration behind each one - it's neat to 'hear' your creative insight. The last card is my favorite! Beautiful color and texture!

Mike said...

Heidi, your projects are amazing. I love the effect you got from sponging and stamping through the negative of Autumn Accents, and that red flower REALLY pops off your embossed background!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Heidi, I love all three of your cards! And your photography is stunning! Nature truly inspires. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Cindy Beach said...

Heidi, your projects are amazing!
I agree with others though - the masking on the leaves is fabulous!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Great techniques and amazing cards! I love how you created a traditional and non traditional card. Beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous cards, Heidi! Your frosty leaves cards are so clever and creative!

Tanya Boser said...

Heidi, these are wonderful! I love you poinsettia with the layers and dimension. And the 2 versions of frosty leaves are delightful!