Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stampin' Up! Summer Silhouettes & Weekly Deals

I'm feeling pretty blue this week.  I lost my kitty of 17 years last weekend.  Here he is holding my hand after I returned from the Leadership Conference last year.  He would follow me like a puppy dog for a week after I had been out of town.

And here he is a week ago, following me around the yard while I tried to take pictures of him.

His last week, not eating and losing strength, was so extremely tough for me.  I was late, later than usual, for swimming on Wednesday morning.  But I sat on the floor with him, while he headbutted me, purred, and nibbled on my sleeve. 

I needed a card to send to the family of a stamp club member that passed away recently.  In her honor, we gathered 132 cards for the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, as per her request.  I want to send a note to her family to let them know.  The colors on this week's Fab Friday challenge was perfect for my quiet, subdued mood.  I also used a simplified version of Retro Sketches #109.

Of course I am also a dork.  After I stamped the dark brown, I found it was Soft Suede.  I swear I grabbed for Baked Brown Sugar.  Oh well.

Stamps: Summer Silhouettes; Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP; Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede; Accessories: Pinking Hearts border punch, Dimensionals.

Here are this week's Weekly Deals -
Brights Glimmer Brads
Brights Glimmer Brads
Price: $4.95 $3.71
Gingham Standard Stampin' Around Wheel
Gingham Standard Stampin' Around Wheel
Price: $6.50 $4.88
Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Price: $2.95 $2.21
Make A Cake Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Make A Cake Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Price: $11.95 $8.96
Punch Pack
Punch Pack
Price: $16.95 $12.71
Recipes By Design Digital Kit - Digital Download - by Stampin' Up!
Recipes By Design Digital Kit - Digital Download
Price: $9.95 $5.97
Secret Garden Framelits Dies
Secret Garden Framelits Dies
Price: $24.95 $18.71
Summer Starfruit 1-1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Summer Starfruit 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Price: $8.95 $6.71

11 comments:

Pat Smith said...

Heidi, the card is beautiful...I am so sorry for the loss of your fur-baby! They are really part of us...hugs -

ArtGekko said...

So sorry for your loss. Furry beings can leave a big hole in our hearts when they leave us. Do take care and be well. Thanks for sharing your lovely card, and the great photos of your fuzz love. What is it about long-haired cats that makes them so great?! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Oh Heidi I am so sorry for your loss. We have a fur baby that is part of the family, too. I can't imagine what we'll ever do without him (((hugs)))

Judy Marshall said...

Aww, Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear of your sweet kitty. It's so hard to lose them, I cried for weeks after losing my sweet kitty, she was 18 years old. I bet you have wonderful memories of your long years together :)

Love and hugs ~ Judy

PS, I love your card too!

Mary said...

Nothing is hard than losing a faithful fur-baby. Take care and remember all the wonderful times you had together.

Jen Timko said...

A lovely tribute to your friends…your stamp club member and your sweet old fellow. So sorry for your losses, Heidi.

susie said...

Heartfelt Sympathy for your loss. It really touched my heart and reminded me of my cat Meringue from many years ago. That special depth of connection is to be treasured. Hope your heart heals in the fullness of time.

Chris said...

Heidi,
So sorry about your cat, what a beauty he was and clearly he loved you as much as you loved him. It's so hard to loss our furry family members.
By the way, your card is beautiful.
Chris V

Avery Murphy said...

Heidi,

Your card is very beautiful!

I am truly sorry for the loss of your Kitty!

-Avery

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I know I've said it before but I'l so sorry for your loss. Your card is very lovely and soft. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday even on a less than fab week :( Hugs

Brenda Myers said...

So very sorry for the loss of your cat and your club member!! Your card is very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!