Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Stampin' Up! Big Wish

I am so excited to show you a new trick today.  A past Card Concept challenge got me thinking about cake pops.  How fun is this inspiration photo?  The Occasions catalog has the Big Wish stamp set with cake pops, but they are solid rather than line images.  In order to play along with the Mix-Ability challenge #50, Color It Twice, once with alcohol markers and again with colored pencils, I needed line images. 

I was poking around my Silhouette Cameo e-cutter software, and I figured out a way to trace an image from My Digital Studio.  But rather than cut it out, I changed the trace line to a print line so I could print a line image for coloring.  Cool, huh?

Here's what the stamp images look like -

And here's what I did with it -

I used a little bit of marker contraband here, but here's some good news... Stampin' Up's Blendabilities alcohol markers will be in the upcoming 2014-2015 catalog.  I can't wait!  After coloring with markers, I did a bit of shading with colored pencils.  This card uses Splitcoaststampers sketch SC449.

MDS Download: Big Wish; Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP; Ink: Basic Black marker, Copic markers; Accessories: Colored pencils, Banner punch, Decorative Dots EF, Big Shot, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimenisonals.

Check out this video to see how I did it -

No comments: