Monday, March 5, 2012

Scrappy Monday: Sharing Some Weekend Fun

I'm really enjoying playing with some digital scrapping challenges on the weekends. I bit the bullet this weekend and bought Photoshop Elements 10. At least I'll save some time on more advanced photo editing. The first challenge is DGC013, Converting a Background Page to an Overlay. Now a lot of the editing could have been done straightforwardly in MDS, but I suffered through the PSE instructions for the sake of learning.

MDS Elements: Botanical Gazette DSP, Vintage Overlay DSP; Color Palette: Dusty Durango; Font: Digs My Hart.

This challenge was to change the color saturation in the photo(s), DGC014. I turned up the green saturation to make Tinkerbell's outfit pop. This is a layout I've used before, although I changed the flower colors. I'm not sure if I am done with it or I will add some embellishments.

MDS Elements: Stamps: Simple Friendship, Petal Pizzazz, Vintage Overlays, Baroque Motifs, Cheep Talk, For All You Do; Papers: Summertime Splendor; Inks: Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Concord Crush, Certainly Celery; Font: CK Alis Handwriting.

Challenge DGC015 is Gallery Gazing, to "scraplift" a layout from the gallery. I didn't have to search to long to find Erica's beautiful page. Actually I've seen her page earlier on the Friday Mashup, and thank you Erica for sharing! I also used DGC02, Color Isolation on the cookies.

MDS Elements: Attic Boutique Kit; Color Palette: Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla; Font: Old English Text MT.

2012 Project 52 totals: Week 10, pages 12.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: