Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi Day

I missed Pi Day last year, that is 3-14, and I hemmed and hawed about how to celebrate it this year. I had some ideas, but not a lot of time to dedicate to a "just because" project.

With the help of My Digital Studio and some challenges, I hatched a plan. When I want a quickie card, I start at clean&simple.

With no particular preference to color, I stopped in at ColourQ.

Now about the hemming and hawing, and I've done this before... I scoured my supplies, MDS, even the internet, without luck searching for mathematical stamps or papers. Stamp makers, hear me now, I want math and physics stuff! Lots of formulas! :) I nearly gave up when I thought I would just print "pi". Of course the play on words with "pie" is not hard.

The upper left corner looked so empty. So I tried to fill it, and that's when it all went downhill. So I added more stuff to cover that up. Now I'm satisfied. And the colors are happy!

Stamps: Daily Grind by There She Goes; Paper: Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip (MDS), Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Timber Brown Stazon; Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Itty Bitty punch pack, Circle punches, Aquapainter, Sponge, Elegant Lines EF, Little Leaves die, Big Shot, My Digital Studio, Sewing machine, Thread, Dimensionals.
Gotta run now... the outdoors are calling me. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Heidi
Margaret x